Successful Transition is the Key to Organizational Health!
As we near the end of the semester, many student organizations will be looking to either replace officers that are graduating or hold full elections for their organizations. Therefore, here
are some tips for a successful officer transition:
- Have outgoing officers organize all their resources from the past year. Many times, new officers are just given a binder with no direction of what to do with it. Have everything organized and go through it with the incoming officer.
- Hold a transition workshop or retreat including all outgoing officer, incoming officers and the advisor. Discuss what went well and what didn’t go well during the past year. Help the new officers set goals for the upcoming year.
- If possible, have the new officers shadow the outgoing officers for the rest of the semester.
- Be sure to update your organization’s OrgSync account with the new officers. You will need change administrator access and be sure the correct officers are listed in the organization profile. Contact [email protected] if you need help with that process!
- Have new officers attend the Annual Student Organization Orientation sessions starting fall semester in September. These sessions explain university resources, policies and procedures for student organizations.
- Be sure to change the officer names on all external resources, such as bank accounts, regional or national offices, or community contacts.