How to Start an Organization
Students are highly encouraged to check out the list of active organizations on the Panther Involvement Network (PIN). The process for starting a new organization differs for the Atlanta and Perimeter campuses.
Steps to register a student organization:
- Do research
- Search to make sure a similar group doesn’t already exist on PIN
- If a similar group is found, reach out to that organization to learn more information
- Consider whether this group needs to be a Chartered Student Organization
- For example, if a study group is looking to reserve a study room work with the academic department to get space to study.
- *Recruit at least five (5) Georgia State students that would like to be a part of this organization
- *Recruit a faculty/staff member on the specific campus the organization will be chartered on. This member will serve as the on-campus advisor (must be at least part-time)
- Submit the application
- Visit the appropriate campus PIN page to learn the specific steps
- Visit PIN to register a new organization on a Perimeter or Atlanta campus